2020 has been a year of many challenges and hardships for nearly everybody. In these times, it is more important than ever to support our local community and small businesses because they are struggling the most. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in March, big retailers such as Walmart, Target, and Amazon have been thriving because of the convenience they offer through door delivery and curbside pickup. This has not been the case for small, locally owned businesses.
One study done by Yelp suggested that over 800 small businesses are closing each day in the United States due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Roughly 160,000 businesses closed between April and September of this year. Many local businesses that are surviving the pandemic had to lay off employees due to the shutdown and lack of revenue.
By wearing a mask, properly social distancing, and regularly sanitizing your hands, you can help keep small businesses afloat by shopping and dining locally. Not only can you find unique pieces and great prices while shopping local, but you are also able to help your community by supporting the local economy.
Here is a list of places to shop and visit local in the Atlanta metro while staying safe:
Coffee, breakfasts, and more
Thai & Chinese
- The Butcher and the Baker
- Two Birds Taphouse
- Mezza Luna Pasta and Seafood
- Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Aspens Signature Steaks
- Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar
Hamburgers and Pubs
- Bad Axe Throwing (Axe Throwing)
- XDrenaline (Trampolines and Rock Climbing)
- Atlanta Ice House (Ice Skating)
- Kennesaw Mountain (Park, Trails and Historical Building)
- East Cobb Park (Park and Trails)
- Canvas By U (Painting Classes)
- Merchants Walk Cinema (Movie Theatre- Practicing CDC Protocol)
- Peach Out Power Yoga ($50 for $35 deal)
- Marietta Center for Yoga & Well Being
- Blazefit ($20 for $50 deal)
Personal Assistance and Organization